I think this Is bumble foot ????

Ericzahel

Chirping
Nov 21, 2022
Hello šŸ‘‹ so my one girl kakhi campbell she's 33 weeks old has this thing on her foot ,now she doesn't limp on it ,she walks fine ,she's eating ,drinking ,playing being her usual self ,I noticed this about 3 days ago only because I was laying on the floor playing around my 2 girls and seen what looked like a calus from the top towards her leg ,so I picked her up and checked underneath her foot to see what looked like a tan to light brown scab with some swelling ,it feels kinda hard ,so immediately I did research on bumblefoot and duck calus or corns ,and I started her on a Epsom salt soak of her foot and vetericyn plus wound and skin care and original no pain relief neosporan, and 2 days later the scab fell off and were the scab was it was there was yellow looking stuff but it was hard, so what I'm wondering is ,should I try to massages the yellow stuff out after a Epsom salt soak while her skin is soft ?? My hubby says it looks like it's drying up and healing ,so we have been treating her still with all of the above stuff I said I was using and my hubby been sticking the neosporan in the yellow stuff and we also wrapped her foot ,now this is my first time dealing with this ,I seem all these people doing " surgery on the ir ducks foot ,like cutting it and all but her yellow stuff is just there and exposed but she doesn't seem to be bothered at all by it ...my husband said it looks like a corn because all the pics we seen on bumble foot the scabs were black n hers was Tan ... I need some of advice and I attached pics ...thanks in advance

Attachments

• received_712367300374376.jpeg
    received_712367300374376.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 84
  • received_2001148726883066.jpeg
    received_2001148726883066.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 34
Looks like it's the start of it. It hasn't gotten too bad if it is. You might be able to treat it just by soaking it, debriding the hard stuff, applying antibiotic ointment, and wrapping it.
Yeah it's not bothering her ,we just soaked it again before bed and hubby's been packing the neosporan in the yellow stuff and wrapped it and put her to bed .the yellow stuff it's all hard and he tried to grab the yellow stuff with tweezers and it's not coming out and it made her bleed a little bit ,it's almost like it's her skin ,idk I seen some pretty bad looking bumble foot cases on you tube but herd doesn't look like that but idk ...I seem a video were they squeeze it and this white cheese looking stuff cones out that looks mushy .

Ok im treating her but how do I get the yellow stuff out it's hard and skin, it looks a little smaller and I don't wanna have to do cut it out ,the yellow stuff is there when u look at the bottom of her foot
Try soaking her feet in an epsom bath for a while first. You might be able to scrape it away if you can soften it

Ok im treating her but how do I get the yellow stuff out it's hard and skin, it looks a little smaller and I don't wanna have to do cut it out ,the yellow stuff is there when u look at the bottom of her foot
Soaking it like @Aunt Angus said along with smothering it in Neosporin after the soak while the skin is soft will soften it up. I would do at least 1-2 days of soaking and covering with Neosporin at least which should get it to the point where you can just peel away at it with a pair of tweezers and not have to cut. I really like "Tweezer Guru" tweezers that you can find on Amazon for I think $6 was what I paid last time. They have a much pointer end and the edges are a tad sharp (not like a knife, but not rounded like usual tweezers). The Tweezers Guru tweezers make removing bumbles a breeze. I have not had to actually cut into a bumble for a couple of years since I bought them.

Best tweezers ever for bumbles: https://www.amazon.com/Tweezers-Twe...538938591&psc=1&ref=&adgrpid=65836846521&th=1

Soaking it like @Aunt Angus said along with smothering it in Neosporin after the soak while the skin is soft will soften it up. I would do at least 1-2 days of soaking and covering with Neosporin at least which should get it to the point where you can just peel away at it with a pair of tweezers and not have to cut. I really like "Tweezer Guru" tweezers that you can find on Amazon for I think $6 was what I paid last time. They have a much pointer end and the edges are a tad sharp (not like a knife, but not rounded like usual tweezers). The Tweezers Guru tweezers make removing bumbles a breeze. I have not had to actually cut into a bumble for a couple of years since I bought them.

Best tweezers ever for bumbles: https://www.amazon.com/Tweezers-Twe...538938591&psc=1&ref=&adgrpid=65836846521&th=1
Yeah we already got the scab of it just feel off and now it's exposed and we've been spraying it with vetericyn andbeen packing it with loads of neosporan after a soak but my husband was trying to get some of the stuff out yesterday but it seems like skin not access and she just starts bleeding a little ?? I'm going tontake a pic after a soak so you can see it

Back
Top Bottom