I think two of my chicks have Marek's. Is there anything I can do and what is the prognosis?

Wait 48 hrs give another continue for 3 shots gurg/gasping infectious bronchitis sounds like
She had gotten herself worked up but once she settled down, her breathing is better. She just had a big diahrea, second one today but no other stools I don't think and has been quite off food today. Am I understanding wait 48 hrs, another injection, then another 48 hours etc for a total of 3 more beyond what she has had? Would infectious bronchitis cause leg weakness or would it be a side effect of whatever else she might be dealing with?

Update: Injected .3cc oxy on both birds yesterday and applying polysporin to Ken'ts eyes. They have both responded positively. No further gurgling episodes for Milo and she is eating (handfed) today. Kent's eyes look much better than yesterday and he is eating as well. Thankyou so much for helping me get through probably the worst day so far. This is now day 6. I will keep at the injection schedule every 48 hrs (I think 72 was too long for them) for another 3 doses. I am still stumped as to what this is as I can hardly think they both contracted something completely different from one another.

Spoke a little too soon. When Milo tries to move around and use energy, she still has the gurgling/raling sound.

Last edited:
If this is ib then oxy should clear up shortly. it's possible theres more then one cause keep the cycle going and see how it goes after that. After the cycle make sure to give yogurt or something to replenish the good bacteria as the oxy kills both good and bad basicly strips the system. Hope thing work out for you good luck.

Back
Top Bottom