I thought my run was impenetrable... I was wrong

There were 2 other birds in the run/coop, [left unharmed] unharmed looks like the attack happened in the coop and brought out pop door.... head and neck were attached badly mangled but there. stomach and chest was ripped open I guess some meat was eaten... unsure.
Me thanks that you have a possum who has moved into your neighborhood. Basically if a squirrel can scale it a possum can climb it. There is no wire type other than a hot electric wire that vermin can't or won't attempt to climb. Even Gray Foxes can climb like a cat. Fort Knox coops and runs are fine but preventing predators from getting to your coop and establishing that first toehold is even better.

If able put a high tinsel strength type electric fence around your whole yard. It will defend against anything that is in contact with the Earth and one of the hotwires at the same time.

Last edited:
Maybe you should get a game cam and have it pointed at your coop. At least you'll know what got in and how. Also if you coop isn't far from your house you could hook up a baby monitor in the coop so you can hear anything going while you are home.- BRIGHT motion detector lights might discourage some predators.

Back
Top Bottom