I videoed removing an infectious coryza eye infection

humblehillsfarm

Crazy chicken lady
Mar 27, 2020
Southwestern Pennsylvania
My Coop
My Coop

I asked a nurse friend to help. I thought she would have approached the removal differently. I stopped the video and used alligator forceps to finish the job and have some surgical tweezers and hemostats to have if needed in the future.

Unfortunately I didn’t immediately realize what was going on with his eye but had known he had a respiratory infection. It wasn’t until I came across a YouTube video purely on accident and realized his eye could be saved. I am still not sure if his eye is intact. He has been on Tylan and Baytril. His appetite is pretty good.

I asked a nurse friend to help. I thought she would have approached the removal differently. I stopped the video and used alligator forceps to finish the job and have some surgical tweezers and hemostats to have if needed in the future.

Unfortunately I didn’t immediately realize what was going on with his eye but had known he had a respiratory infection. It wasn’t until I came across a YouTube video purely on accident and realized his eye could be saved. I am still not sure if his eye is intact. He has been on Tylan and Baytril. His appetite is pretty good.
Ok first off -EWW. second off- bravo! I love to see people making such a big effort for feathered friends!

Back
Top Bottom