I want a pair of Dom's

firem3

Songster
12 Years
Sep 15, 2007
Odenville Alabama
I would love to get a breeding pair of dom's. the problem is i live in very rural Alabama and every one around here has mutt's (hey simba), and i dont have the room for anymore big hatchery orders. Does anyone have a pair of dom's to sell. I raise new hamps for eggs, but I have always loved the doms.

smile.png
Momma wanted Dom. as well and we went to pick them up and now that they are growning we realize we have a barn yard mess mostly barr rock instead of dom.
smile.png

You should try ordering from My Pet Chicken or something like that. If no one on here has a few they can send you that would be your next best bet. I don't know if they have that breed, but it's worth a shot. Depends on how much you're wanting to spend.

firem3,
being in AL you oughta be able to find some doms, but you might not be lookin in the right place. I don't know what your price range is, but real doms aren't $25 a pair birds, more like ad another "0" at the end of that. BUT, if you could find a single real dom and get a good b.b. red colored game of another bloodline you can breed your own line of doms.

cjeanean,
i don't think mypetchicken would keep a stock of gamefowl on hand, anything's possible though, but i know most hatcheries don't.

Firem3
Great to see some one so close, I live in Odenville too. Over on the Argo side.
I dont have any more Dom`s but I have a lot of other stuff.
Have a great day:D

Hidden Valley Chicken Ranch
Michael

By doms you mean dominiques right? Dominiques are rare endangered american heratige chickens. I actually just picked up 3 pure females at the feed store for 2 bucks each, so, Vcomb, i think you are over exagerating. There no 250 dollar birds. Firem3, I suggest calling your local feedstore and asking them to order dominiques for their next chicks...

sorry, not used to hearing people refer to dominiques as doms. the doms i was talking about are crele colored gamefowl, which do cost as much as i stated. i guess considering the person was in alabama that's what i thought they were lookin for.

I have a beautiful Dominiques rooster--2 1/2 months old who needs a new home. He was supposed to be a she (stupid incompetent chicken sexer!). I would be glad for you to have him but he's a pet and I wouldn't want him to end up in the pot--ever. He's very friendly--spoiled actually. I maaaaay have a friend going through Alabama in he next couple of months. Of course by then you may have a pair. Dominiques are spectacular but I can't have roosters where I live.

Back
Top Bottom