DSC_0507.JPG

over a black Naked Neck Turken / Polish cross hen
116339493_206589697461333_3979033140894034454_n.jpg

DSC_1560.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_1320.JPG
    DSC_1320.JPG
    301.5 KB · Views: 9
I would love to see some chickens that have been crossed! It is cool to see how crosses turn out and what parts of the parents they have! If you have and crossbred chicken, please share!
This girl is a D'uccle/Ameraucana - Dad is a Lavendar Amercauna and mom is a Mille Fleur D'uccle. Her female siblings are black, and male sibling looks like her. But...she is for sure a girl as she layed a pale greenish egg.

Attachments

• 20201205_171457.jpg
    20201205_171457.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 15
I would love to see some chickens that have been crossed! It is cool to see how crosses turn out and what parts of the parents they have! If you have and crossbred chicken, please share!
My rooster is a Lavender Orpington and everything I breed with him, comes out black. They have a dominate black gene, so.... I did cross him with a blue laying Easter egger with puffy cheeks. Got puffy cheeks in 2 of the 6 chicks....Black though, of course.

This girl is a D'uccle/Ameraucana - Dad is a Lavendar Amercauna and mom is a Mille Fleur D'uccle. Her female siblings are black, and male sibling looks like her. But...she is for sure a girl as she layed a pale greenish egg.
Are you sure dad was an Ameraucana? Your bird appears to have a single comb. If dad was a pure Ameraucana she would have a pea comb.

My rooster is a Lavender Orpington and everything I breed with him, comes out black. They have a dominate black gene, so.... I did cross him with a blue laying Easter egger with puffy cheeks. Got puffy cheeks in 2 of the 6 chicks....Black though, of course.
The reason they all come out black is because lavender is a dilute of black - it is recessive so requires two lavender genes to be expressed. When lavender is mixed With anything that isn’t lavender it acts as black. His offspring would be lav split - if you bred the offspring together you would get ~25% lavender chicks.

I currently have a BO rooster, who will not breed (too dumb). I have a Blue cochin who is too shy. And a EE who is too young. I did set 5 eggs from other roosters that I had but got rid of. Those roosters were RIR, BR, and OE, but prolly mostly RIR. One 7 week old chick I plan on keeping looks like a barred cochin mix, with out feathered feet. He is nice. I also have some pure shipped eggs, we will see what roosters come from that. I also have a AC mix rooster.

I don't get rid of roosters because they are mean. I like all roosters, but I like personality in a rooster, and beauty, and interesting breeds. I usually have a few roosters around, and they ask for more attention than the hens.
Im tending to agree about the roosters wanting attention! I have 9 and they are keeping me busy. Personable and talkative. They ALL like being sung to (boys and girls). All just stop turn their heads and listen. So special. I dont get rid of roosters either. I like them all.

Back
Top Bottom