I woke up to a mess.Dead birds everywhere!Graphic! UPDATE!

So very very sorry, Please keep us posted.
hugs.gif

Depending on what it is 8ft may not do it. If they are irreplaceable, make sure you put a top on it and protect the bottom (skirt, hot wire, etc). Also, any hot wire up high will be hot as ever if grounded.

Boy, grounding makes SUCH a difference and is cheap cheap!

I don't have any of those breeds or I'd help you out.

Also, I have seen coyotes jump over a 4.5 foot fence without touching it, shortly after seeing that (no losses), I got electric netting to enclose my geese pastures. Phew. Makes me sleep a *little* bit easier.

Wow....that really sucks big time...! So sorry for your loss..I hope you get that sucker real soon..!
I know i'd be seeing red after so much work protecting and raising your birds..! Please keep us posted...

Oh my gosh, that is so heartbreaking, first of all I am so sorry for your loss..that has to be so hard. I think I agree with your hubby though, Our old neighbors raise birds for a living, and the bobcat would kill everything in the enclosure but only eat one...they bought live traps and caught more then one bobcat, including a huge one that took a swan of the nest in a 8ft fenced in area, cleared it like it wasnt even there, they had a really nice set-up too..I hope you catch it, and I hope you find the missing girls

Its been said here, but I have to add sorry
you lost ur beautys.
just the other day it happened here
I lost 4 silkies and my 2 and only golden comet pullets.

I just now read your post....I am so sorry to read what happened, my heart goes out to you!! What a tragic loss and I know how your heart sunk when you found them...then anger builds up. My husband and I have lost a total of 14 birds over the past 2 months to something coming in the coop at night to kill them then leave....Finally got that SOB and killed it....with us it was a ratsnake, hubby shot it then we let the birds eat it
wink.png

I know how frustrating it is trying to find out what got them....I wish you the best of luck!
I would offer to mail you eggs to hatch to help replenish your flock BUT right now I only have Button Quail eggs....one of my dogs keep getting to my chicken eggs before me:barnie

Have not read all post.....but thats the work of a dog....other predator don't kill for the fun of it.

Neighbor dog ,if so get pic when he comes back, or after you shoot it......make them pay for all of them.

Sorry, i have seen the same with my birds from neighbors dog...........
somad.gif

Also for people who read this post, if you let your dog roam this is what can happen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom