I would NOT want to faint in a chicken coop!

Quote:
I can just see this....
yuckyuck.gif

But we all love our chickens so much--what a way to go...HUH??!!!? LOL:gig

Quote:
I was doing that same dance trying to keep my purple-painted toes away from my hens (especially the two speckled sussex) while talking to my 29 year old son who thought it was hilarious!

Ok so is this going to be a "boy thing" i wonder? Because my 7 year old daughter just looks at me and says "mama, we need to get you muck shoes like i have" and she leaves it at that! But my chickens dont seem to care if my nails are painted or not, they peck me regardless...and for some reason it's always ALWAYS the pinky toe!!! LOL

I'm real familliar with Centreville, I just moved from the Annapolis are last year after 20+years. Not originally from the area, i absolutely hated it the entire time I lived there. Much happier in the country again though!!!

I'd say earrings, BLUE painted toenails, scraps or scabs, eyes!!! and teeth! We only have 1 chicken (4 weeks old) and she's managed to peck myself, daughter and son in our eyes and teeth.... and never ever trust that she's NOT close enough, her neck can stretch WAAAAAAY out!!!

N&MSchroeder :

Quote:
Yep, the cute little garden shoes work great. They go crazy pecking at the design on them without success.
big_smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/78998_p4080756.jpg

Could you please tell me what breed the very first chicken in that picture is? The closest one? I have several chickens (or roos... not sure yet) that look exactly the same and I would love to learn more about their breed. Thanks.
smile.png

I'm so happy to have found this thread!!!

I wear crocs to the barn in the summer, and two of my hens rush my feet the moment I walk in the door. They are out for blood!!!
hide.gif

Quote:
Yep, the cute little garden shoes work great. They go crazy pecking at the design on them without success.
big_smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/78998_p4080756.jpg

Could you please tell me what breed the very first chicken in that picture is? The closest one? I have several chickens (or roos... not sure yet) that look exactly the same and I would love to learn more about their breed. Thanks.
smile.png

I think it's an EE

I was letting my little crew play in the garage this afternoon (*glares up at the ceiling in the general direction of DH, who keeps saying he has to finish the coop wiring before I can put them out there - well, then do it, man!*), as there's nothing they can get into out there, and it's fun to sit and watch them. I had on my crappy, beat-up sandals. The kids would run around like mad things, spot my toes, and descend on them to peck. I'd shoo them off my toes, so they'd run off until they realized, hey! Toes! Lather, rinse, repeat for two hours straight.
tongue.png

When my time comes, I want my body to be returned to the natural cycle of things. After watching my girls, I figure that my body could just be tossed in the chicken pen, and within a few days, I'd have my wish. The livestock ordinance might not cover that, though, and I'm not sure that the powers that be would be willing to consider that kind of a change!

This is a great thread!

One rainy November morning, after DH left for work, I went out to let the chickens out, then went into the pen to put food in the feeders. When I hit the mud (and other ingredients) inside the pen, both my feet slipped out from under me and I landed on my butt so hard I fractured my back. Through all the pain the one thing I was thinking was that I had to get out of the pen in case I passed out! I was afraid my sweet flock would peck out my eyes and eat me alive before anyone found me!

BTW-I did manage to crawl out and close the door behind me BEFORE I passed out.

Back
Top Bottom