Ice is melting at last!!

mmtillman

Songster
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
Southwest MO near the ARK line
Yay!!!
big_smile.png
The temp should be in the low 50's today and we are headed out to shingle our coop!! CAbin fever is gone....!! after 8 days of being iced bound inside!!! Yay!
lol.png

smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

It was 65* here today!!!! :)WOW! The ice was melting and falling and crashing off of everything!! Was good to have a warm spell at last! My hubby and I got out and actually PUT ON OUR SHINGLES on the new coop today!!!!
wee.gif

Got it all done but the ridge cap! I am sooo excited now.....it is about finished .....short of painting and doing the fence. ..OH and the power for the lights. Its gonna be such a nice coop!!
cool.png

I think I will paint it barn red with white trim?....or off white...cant decide yet really about the final color?
hmm.png

Anyway...I will post more pix on FACEBOOK BYC , for everyone to see soon!! Come on spring!!!
big_smile.png

Our ice here in Oklahoma is also starting to melt, 68 today and now it is just a slushy mess, but the sun is out and as usual the devils breath is blowing like crazy.

AL

im in KY and have NO POWER AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH (im at a friends in another town and another state trying to get a shower so my chickens will allow me in the coop tomorrow i think they were pinching their beeks at me finally so i had to find a shower lol its getting rough around here!
tongue.png

We are hoping for above freezing here on the shore Monday. I can't remeber having so much frozen ice/snow all over like this all winter. I have mucho frozen poop to remove!!

Back
Top Bottom