Ideal Hatchery review

I just got 25 assorted Silkies from Ideal last week and all arrived alive. I live in VA.I think they have more colors than other hatcheries. I also got 4 in my feather legged bantam assortment.

I just got 25 assorted Silkies from Ideal last week and all arrived alive. I live in VA.I think they have more colors than other hatcheries. I also got 4 in my feather legged bantam assortment.
What breeds do you think you've gotten? I signed on to wait list for feather legs and dark brown egg layers

The birds in the photo are all Silkies. The feather legged assortment will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. Most of them are Cochins in various colors + 1 buff Brahma, 1 Porcelain & 1 brown red d'uccle and a possible white and the 4 Silkies.

Last edited:
How cute
D.gif
! How many different colors did you get? I only got 6 hoping for at least 3 different colors! Right now i am waiting for the email that says my chicks have been shipped!! I am so excited! I have never got shipped chicks before, is there anything i need to do when they arrive?
wee.gif

Thanks!

Look at what i just got! WOO!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
(i took my address off)
Just a Reminder!

Ship Date:​
7/30/2014

Ship To:​

Your poultry order has been shipped today. You should expect delivery within 72 hours. If you have any problems, please report them within 4 days of arrival. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to providing you with "Ideal Poultry".
Ideal Poultry Breeding Farms Inc.
PO Box 591
Cameron, TX 76520

I have 8 colors black, white, blue, buff, self blue, red? and I think the chipmunk looking ones are partridge 3 are gray and 2 are brown. I start mine on paper towels and put the chick starter on that at first. I put Save A chick in lukewarm water and dip every chicks beak in the water as soon as I take them out of their box. They are in a plastic tub with the heat lamp on top of the hardware cloth. I am only using a 75 watt reptile bulb because the weather has been so warm. Mine are on non medicated Southern States starter but medicated is OK. I had been expecting goslings so I got non medicated. I hope they all arrive safe.

I have 8 colors black, white, blue, buff, self blue, red? and I think the chipmunk looking ones are partridge 3 are gray and 2 are brown. I start mine on paper towels and put the chick starter on that at first. I put Save A chick in lukewarm water and dip every chicks beak in the water as soon as I take them out of their box. They are in a plastic tub with the heat lamp on top of the hardware cloth. I am only using a 75 watt reptile bulb because the weather has been so warm. Mine are on non medicated Southern States starter but medicated is OK. I had been expecting goslings so I got non medicated. I hope they all arrive safe.

Oh ok thanks! i have a brooder setup with a 200 watt lamp about 2 feet away from the bottom, i tested it with a thermometer, perfect temp! Anyway i have some sugar which a lot of people said to put in their water when they arrive and i also put paper towels in the bottom, mine is rabbit cage with wire at the bottom so i made sure to have a nice stable floor for their first week. How long did it take your chicks to arrive?
Thanks!

They arrived in 2 days. The Silkies shipped on Tuesday and arrived Thursday. The others were ordered Werdnesday 6/25 shipped the same day and arrived Friday.

They arrived in 2 days. The Silkies shipped on Tuesday and arrived Thursday. The others were ordered Werdnesday 6/25 shipped the same day and arrived Friday.

They told me tonight that they shipped them today so could i expect them wednesday or Thursday??

Mine always take 2 days and birds are usually sent priority 2 day. My ducklings took 2 days from CA. Unless you got express mail or you are close to the hatchery they should arrive Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom