I bought 4 blue quail d'Anver, along with a variety of 47 straight run bantam chicks (got about 50% of each sex) from Ideal Poultry, a Salmon Farerole that isn't bearded and has almost no feathers on legs/feet, and 7 Brabanter sexed pullets (out of those 3 turned out to be cockerels). Almost all the Silkies I got are cockerels, 2 with single comb, and 1 of the few females got a crossed beak. Of the 4 blue quail d'Anver chicks, 2 died in shipping, of the 2 survivors 1 is a single comb male that I thought was an Easter Egger until he was 2 months old, and the pullet is much lighter in color, looks more like a buff, very similar to my buff Sebright pullet.

Here's my single comb blue quail d'Anver cockerel as he looked a few weeks ago. I'm giving him away for free, along with other bantam cockerels, including 3 buff Sebright and 3 blue laced red Wyandotte bantams, since no one wants to buy them. He didn't grow much of a beard, but he does have the slate legs.
20210614_190403.jpg

20210614_190447.jpg

Btw Ideal Poultry has sold self blue d'Uccles for years (maybe they didn't have them listed when you bought them but put them back on now). I remember having a very friendly one that was the only one that liked to perch on my shoulder in 2007.

Back
Top Bottom