Ideal red broilers

Tiffrz-N-Kidz

Songster
9 Years
Jul 29, 2010
Aledo, TX
DD wanted some Sultans so for S&Gs I added 5 red broilers to her order. They sent some packing peanuts, too, brown leghorns I think.

Welllll - at 1 week the broilers tower over the others. It's like watching 5 sumo wrestlers in with a crowd of normal sized humans.
lol.png

Of course the packing peanuts will join the capon experiment, but YOWSERS! Y'all weren't kidding about the distinct difference with broilers.

That's cool! I ordered Cornish X from Ideal for the first time this year. I've never ordered hatchery birds before. I read about the Red Broilers there, but since I never raised meat birds before I'd start with the Cornish. Keep us posted about the progress of the red broilers! I wonder if they're like Freedom Rangers.

Just a quick question, which I already know the answer to... Are the packing peanuts always roosters?

I’ve been looking at ordering an alternative (not a white Cornish x Rock) broiler breed. What all will you be caponizing? I wonder what the red broilers dress out like. Keep us posted on their progress.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom