Ideas for food baskets

Ec_Prokta

Continuum Shift Anomaly
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
I'm making my mom and my aunt food baskets for Christmas, so do you have any ideas on what to put in one? Thanks!

A pound of coffee would be a nice thing to get.
thumbsup.gif

Home baked cookies, an assortment of crackers, some of that really tasty Italian hard salami rolled in black pepper, a small round of Camembert cheese.

Put in the best things that they like to eat. What does your mom like? Cookies? Coffee? Fruit?

Chocolate
droolin.gif

If it were me...
A package of Pepperidge farms cookies
Lindor balls or some other kind of chocolate
An ornament - homemade would be nicest
Candy canes
Werthers originals hard candy
A pretty pen or pencil
Christmas socks

Does that help?

I've done this for my mom who might be older than yours, but she loved those small-sized cans of fruits and veggies--only one or two servings and less to store or go to waste. She like a wedge of hard cheese like cheddar and a box of good crackers to enjoy with it. She always was happy to have a pantry storage supply like evaporated milk, nut bread or cake mixes, biscuit mixes. I usually tucked in some "luxury" things she'd never buy herself such as a package of Andes chocolate mints. She loved Clementines but a box, as they are usually served , was too much for her and they would go bad, so I'd package five or six for her. I'd also tuck in hand creams, a little cologne, stamps, envelopes, hand and dish or laundry soaps...so I guess it was more than a food package, but a basket of happys. Enjoy putting one together for your mom and aunt. It's really a lot of fun, and you get inspired as you shop. And most important of all, a little "love note" that tells your loved one that she is loved and why. ~G

Fudge, or if diebetic sugar free hard candy , I do cookies, speacialty teas , oh and I always put a couple of my homemade crocheted dish cloths

For another idea you could do handmade soaps and candles. Lavender sachets to put in drawer or pillow

And I always stick a couple of scratch tickets in.Last year my grams won $10 on one of the tickets in her basket, she was so excited. It was cute

Back
Top Bottom