Ideas Needed for "Man" Quilt

Wendy'sChicksRock :

I saved all the t shirts my son got
from his wrestling tournaments over all his years in school.. ( 100 or more) i took the best ones and made them into a quilt for him to take to college. where he is sophmore wrestling .see if he has any old favorite t shirts and use them. . Wish i had a pic to show you,and he is too far away to go take one. Good luck

I have a t-shirt quilt that my mom had made for me when I graduated from high school. She used various tshirts from my highschool activities and a couple of tshirts that I just really liked. I LOVE that quilt. 15 years later, its still my favorite.​

Someone else suggested a denim quilt. That was my first idea, too. I make denim quilts. They are awesome! They do weigh a ton, and I've considered omitting the batting in my next one. I machine piece and hand quilt. Just seems to me that the hand quilting part would be easier without the batting. I generally do a nine patch or log cabin design. I could take some pics tonight when my husband comes home. He has the camera. They are really striking if you use different colors of denim.

About the really striking part, someone once told me that if they were going to rob my house, the first thing they would take would be the denim "couch quilt" in the living room. That cracked me up, as it came from an old, very religious, family member.
smile.png

Camoflauge. My mother makes ours for the boys, but, I design them. I like to put one pattern on one side then put another print on the otherside. That way we can flip it and its like having to different camo quilts. Alot of the boys around here get their GMa's to buy the John Deere material for their quilts. But, Camo works no matter how old they get.

And don't forget Camo comes in more colors than just green. And there is hunter orange. My grandmother had access to some red camoflage from the old hat factory. She made it more traditional (with many pieces) and mixed it in with light brown.

Quote:
I have a t-shirt quilt that my mom had made for me when I graduated from high school. She used various tshirts from my highschool activities and a couple of tshirts that I just really liked. I LOVE that quilt. 15 years later, its still my favorite.

isnt it to have all those times saved for you... My son love his too... It was the first and only quilt I made so i hope its will last a lifetime for him ..

Back
Top Bottom