Identity Crisis! Golden Comets or Buff Orpingtons????

Buffs or Golden Comets?

• Buff Orpingtons!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Golden Comets!

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Could be either...

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Neither (Comment with suggestion!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What you really want to look at to determine gender at this age is combs and legs. Males will have much more developed combs than females, and their legs will start getting really thick and solid. While the tail will sometimes offer some clues, it isn't usually the first sign of a roo.

my BO are all one color and have been since day 6....before they were slightly off....but they cream color is all in them ...mine don't look like those...but

I suspect mine are a cross of some sort, I don't really know. I only posted it because they are very similar in appearance to the OP's chicks. None of mine hatched white and a couple of them are showing some pretty obvious signs of being roosters without being white which is why I assume they are a cross. You really have to take my comment at face value which is this "my chickens look a lot like yours and the boys are not shy about showing themselves." That's all I meant by it.

Last edited:
Actually what I really think mine are is second generation sex links. I don't know where the OP got theirs but mine may very well have a sex link mom and dad which would mean they would have that coloration. Breeding a sex link to a sex link will have that effect, although the offspring will still be good layers. only difference is they're not able to be sexed by color.

Back
Top Bottom