If a chick is born bigger than the rest, can you assume it’s a rooster?

Juju2773

Songster
Apr 10, 2020
I’ve had a few hatches now, and out of those hatches I’ve had a few chicks that came straight out of the egg just way larger in general. And they all turned out to be roosters. I’m wondering if it’s good to just assume those larger born ones to be roosters, or has anyone had a female to be born larger from the start?

I’ve had a few hatches now, and out of those hatches I’ve had a few chicks that came straight out of the egg just way larger in general. And they all turned out to be roosters. I’m wondering if it’s good to just assume those larger born ones to be roosters, or has anyone had a female to be born larger from the start?
The only thing I assume about chicks that are bigger at the hatch is that they hatched from bigger eggs.

x2. My bigger chicks usually turn out females, actually.
I know it's been 4 years but I was hoping I wasn't alone I just sexed all my chicks there 4 to 8 weeks an all the Hens are bigger the roos are so much smaller I was starting to doubt myself I'm not an expert at it but I guess will see if I'm right I marked all the ones I thought to be roos🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom