If I set my eggs on Feb 25th...

Lroach711

Songster
9 Years
Mar 17, 2010
Pickens, SC
what day would I go into lockdown? I put them in the incubator about 6 am on feb 25th. Monday the 14th or Tuesday the 15th?? I just wasn't sure which day to consider day 1. Thanks in advance!

I posted a similar question on a different site and was told day 1 starts after 24 hours of incubation.. so I guess the 15th.. Good luck with your hatch!

Hi! The 18th will be Day 21, so the 15th will be Day 18. I would probably turn one last time the morning of the 15th.
What're you hatching?
Good luck!
smile.png

Lisa

This is good to know, because I set my eggs the same day! I am planning to lockdown around noon on the 15th, since I set them at noon on feb 25th. This is my first hatch in my new Brinsea eco 20. I started with 24 eggs from my own flock of EE's, cuckoo marans, New Hampshires. and Wellies. I have 19 left that look pretty good. Good luck to you! I hope we both get GREAT results.

Thanks all!

Quote:
This is my first time hatching so I kept my numbers low..I got 11 eggs and 7 developed. Out of the 7 there are 4 French Blue Copper Marans, 1 B/B/S Orpington, and 2 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. I'm soo hoping all 7 end up hatching. They were shipped eggs so I figured 7 out of 11 was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom