Igloos for ducks

That really depends on what you mean by fit and how you plan on using it.

I have 5 ducks and I do use an igloo for a nest box and its plenty big for that. I have several nest boxes but the igloo would be fine in size for them if it was all I had.

Igloos, at least any I have seen, are not able to be securely closed. Any predictors could easily attack unless the igloo itself was in a lockable enclosure.

For sleeping yes they will fit, at times my birds have slept in it but the igloo is in the pen that is able to keep out any predators so its just if they want to sleep in it they can. They have and occasionally do sleep in it.

The igloo would be way to small for keeping them in but for nests or shelter then yeah. Unless you have crazy big ducks it should work. Currently I have mine in my goose pen. It sleeps 2 geese with no problems and room to spare.

Are you using it for a coop? If you're using it like a coop it needs to be at least 2 square feet per duck.

I have a large dog igloo that I use for my ducks as part of their coop and it isn't nearly enough space for them by itself, so I attached a 3 by 2 kennel to the front to give them more space.

Last edited:
Are you using it for a coop? If you're using it like a coop it needs to be at least 2 square feet per duck.

I have a large dog igloo that I use for my ducks as part of their coop and it isn't nearly enough space for them by itself, so I attached a 3 by 2 kennel to the front to give them more space.
yes I made a PVC square I planned on putting the igloo inside its a 5' by 5'

I am going to guess you ave a couple of Swedish, there, perhaps. Those get to be closer to 8 pounds, but there are two, and it's an igloo that they only need at night (inside a predator-proof pen with a top), and the igloo is about 4 feet diameter, it probably would be big enough - you need to think about ventilation and keeping it warm enough, too.

the others are the same color but a white chest and one has a crest

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom