I'll show you mine if you show me yours - Coops that is! :)

katie197888

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 21, 2011
Upperco, MD

tongue.png
So here are my coops!The first one is our second coop...we never planned on building another until we got a rooster back that we gave away and needless to say..being re-introduced didn't go too well. (He's pictured above too, he's a handsome guy but he is a JERK! Hence why he came back to us) We moved him and 2 ladies in there for company...I don't think he even deserves that.

The nesting boxes are in the second coop, our orignal one. I love that thing. We built it while our chickens were still living in my house as little ones. Equipped with electricity for lighting, and heat lamps. We have 8 nesting boxes (Although they only use about 2) and a nice ladder style roost. We even were able to use a super cute old barn door that we found around the farm. Vinyl siding and tin roof - fits right into our property :) There are 12 chickens in there.

Both coops have netting across the top for predators. We have had them almost 2 years and no losses thank God!

Now lets see yours!
wink.png

Last edited:

Just built this gem! Cant wait to stick my new gals in it
big_smile.png

I wanted to build nesting boxes on the outside, but that was nixed, so we now have a door so we can get to the eggs easier!
We are adding two other runs on different sides for more room to play
smile.png

Here is mine, not as cute as yours....

All recycled/reused materials, nest boxes in the back

large door is open into the hen house

chicks are in the kennel during the day

Our three bantam chicks are only two weeks old, so they won't be moving in for a few weeks yet. My husband just set it up yesterday! It's a pre-fab. We still need to decide on bedding and all of that. This was taken right after he finished it yesterday. :)

My husband calls it "Cluckingham Palace" and there's way more money in than I wanted (we don't discuss it anymore) and it's probably built better than our house (again, we don't discuss it anymore)... but here it is...

What I don't know is how many chickens I could hold in it. I'm thinking 12? But I don't know. Right now, I have 6 and they seem to like it....

I did all the research, told him, and he built what he wanted... but it was a combination of several things I saw in all my research. (Can you tell I'm the planner?... and like I said, we don't discuss it anymore...)

But we do love our chickens. (He didn't want them to start with but he wants more now!!!)

THIS HAS BEEN FUN MY 7 YEAR OLD WAS PLAYING WITH SOME CHICKENS AT GRANDMAS HOUSE AND THE NEST WEEK THEY SHOWED UP NOT WITH ONE OR 2 BUT 10 RHOAD ISLAND RED CHICKENS AND THE FUN STARTED WE HAVE REALLY ENJOYED BUILDING THIS OF COURSE MY WIFE TELLS ME IT IS JUST A COOP ,I HAVE OTHER THINGS ON MY HONEY DO LIST BESIDES BUILDING THIS COOP !!!!! NEED HELP WITH THE ROOSTING AREA ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT AND SOMTHING TO CATCH THE DROPINGS THANK U LOVE ALL THE OTHER COOPS.

Here is my coop all complete and the girls checking out the area the day they moved in to it just 5 nights ago. We are in the process of finishing up the run which we worked on all day today and it is almost complete YAY. Ill add pics with the run tomorrow though is not fully done.

Everyones coops are great. Chickens are my new best friends lol I absolutly love them..

Back
Top Bottom