Illinois Ordinances Questions

Veneki

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2023
Hello!
I thought I'd make a post on the duck part of this site too, I am looking at getting ducks for my backyard but I've searched and searched and could not find any laws against backyard ducks in the Lacon, Illinois Ordinances. My folks have two ducks in that area but I have no idea how if I can't find any law for or against them! Help by replying please and thank you! Any information will be helpful for me and my duckling journey!
~Veneki

Hello!
I thought I'd make a post on the duck part of this site too, I am looking at getting ducks for my backyard but I've searched and searched and could not find any laws against backyard ducks in the Lacon, Illinois Ordinances. My folks have two ducks in that area but I have no idea how if I can't find any law for or against them! Help by replying please and thank you! Any information will be helpful for me and my duckling journey!
~Veneki
Typically it's by county.

"When ducks are outlawed only outlaws will have ducks!"

I know not that much about duck breeds, but I believe Muscovy's are the quietest.
Of course male ducks are fairly quiet too! 😉

found this on fb

"Chicago's laws apply citywide, rather than according to ward. About 10 years ago, Chicago Chicken Enthusiasts compiled a list of ordinances for Chicagoland municipalities. Here is a link: https://docs.google.com/.../1L1FXeN1VEARsDY8g2FBc.../edit...
There is also a link to the Chicago legal code.
As Home to Roost LLC, I've led a number of classes on chicken keeping, including information on local ordinances."

Back
Top Bottom