ILT

Infectious Laryngotracheitis....respiratory disease caused by an alpha herpesvirus, spread by recovered carriers or mechanical transmission.

Im sure your babies are fine !! You would know if they had ILT !!

It's not the common of a disease, but very deadly !!

So sorry to bring up an old thread. But I am pretty sure my 2 roosters have ILT. So I am freaking out! I recently rescued 12 battery hens and I think they are carriers. I will have to ask the guy I got them from soon. The 2 roosters are showing all the symptoms of ILT. I am in tears since it is so deadly
hit.gif
My boys are gasping for air, shaking their heads, breathing heavy, and gurgling. So I think they sadly have ILT. How do I vaccinate my other chickens. Please help!!!!! Oh and their necks are stretched out. Do you think they have ILT?????????????

So sorry to bring up an old thread. But I am pretty sure my 2 roosters have ILT. So I am freaking out! I recently rescued 12 battery hens and I think they are carriers. I will have to ask the guy I got them from soon. The 2 roosters are showing all the symptoms of ILT. I am in tears since it is so deadly
hit.gif
My boys are gasping for air, shaking their heads, breathing heavy, and gurgling. So I think they sadly have ILT. How do I vaccinate my other chickens. Please help!!!!! Oh and their necks are stretched out. Do you think they have ILT?????????????

I replied in your other thread, and I know you are super upset (I felt the same way when I learned my flock has Marek's) but take a few minutes, breathe! Disease is scary and super frustrating, but when you are armed with knowledge you can approach it rationally. I really urge you to make sure you have ILT in your birds before you vaccinate. Read this in full: http://www.canadianpoultry.ca/ilt.htm

I really also think you should at least try worming for gapeworm, just in case. Worst case scenario, it does nothing. Best case: it helps your roos!

I replied in your other thread, and I know you are super upset (I felt the same way when I learned my flock has Marek's) but take a few minutes, breathe! Disease is scary and super frustrating, but when you are armed with knowledge you can approach it rationally. I really urge you to make sure you have ILT in your birds before you vaccinate. Read this in full: http://www.canadianpoultry.ca/ilt.htm

I really also think you should at least try worming for gapeworm, just in case. Worst case scenario, it does nothing. Best case: it helps your roos!
Thank you.

My chickens have ILT, it's been confirmed vet says to cull while flock....
1f622.png
we took three maran pullets 4 months ago from a guy who was abusing his chickens, we seperated them from our flock for 3 weeks but when they hit point of lay every seemed to get sick vet says the stress of laying brought it out in them. Now I've already lost 2 birds and am worried for the rest. I really do t want to cull them all (26 birds )

My chickens have ILT, it's been confirmed vet says to cull while flock....
1f622.png
we took three maran pullets 4 months ago from a guy who was abusing his chickens, we seperated them from our flock for 3 weeks but when they hit point of lay every seemed to get sick vet says the stress of laying brought it out in them. Now I've already lost 2 birds and am worried for the rest. I really do t want to cull them all (26 birds )

Odds are that your flock will be infected before it's all said and done. I'm sorry to say that your good deed has turned very bad for you and your birds. Birds suffer internally with ILT and will sling bloody mucus all over the place. Your vet is correct, it would be best to cull. Here's more info about ILT. I wish you the best:
http://www.merckmanuals.com/vet/pou..._infectious_laryngotracheitis_in_poultry.html

Back
Top Bottom