I'm a new be

Ruddy

Hatching
Sep 23, 2015
I'm new to byc. I have BO and JG and am hoping for the frist egg before snow flies. They are 20 weeks old. I'm have been surprise that they have a personality. I have 5 rosters and 11 hens *( it's hard to tell witch rosters are going to join me in at dinner). But it's part of the deal.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Yes, I think 4 of them need to be scheduled to join you for dinner one of these days!
wink.png
You can also place an ad (free) in our Buy Sell and Trade section to see if anyone nearby you might want your roosters.

Your BOs may not lay until they are 24 to 26 weeks of age, so be patient with them. Orpingtons mature later than many breeds. But are great layers when they do start laying.

Good luck on this new journey and welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif

Chickens do have a lot of personality, I think that surprises a lot of people when they first get a flock. And chicken tv is the best show in town, lol. Waiting for that 1st egg is hard, but it will be worth it. You'll have to share a picture when it shows up.

Thanks for joining us!

The 5 roosters may be harassing your hens so much, it will put them off of laying. A rooster can handle 10 hens, I'm guessing your do not have 50 hens to keep them all preoccupied

Back
Top Bottom