Im chicken to feed them the carcass!

HensInTheForest

Songster
Apr 1, 2022
Minnesota
Only had chickens 1.75 years.

Seen lotsa posts online people tossing these in their runs to pick clean.

Tell me this is ok, they won't develop some crop problem I won't know how to fix or other issues.

Yes they have grit avail. 25 chickens.
20240312_221100.jpg

No problem feeding your chickens what you posted. They will pick those carcasses clean. I do such with my chickens whenever I have leftovers. Never had any issues.
With 25 chickens,, separate the contents into maybe 5 separate areas,, so there is less fighting over the goodies:drool:drool:drool

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

There is so much meat left on there! Can I have those wings before you give it to the chickens? 🥺 :p
I agree.

Hubbie just had a major surgery so I'm beyond exhausted from stress and a week of constant after care, and literally can't put this away today.

Probably fine to eat or process the next day but just don't care RN. 😮‍💨

A treat for the Feathered friends.

Tell me this is ok, they won't develop some crop problem I won't know how to fix or other issues.
It is OK. That has been well-cooked so there are no pathogens. They are not going to get sick eating that. They will probably eat some small bones but will grind those up in their gizzard and recycled the calcium. No problems there. That is a big boost to their daily protein content but it's only for a day. If that were an everyday thing for a time period it could unbalance their diet some, but not for a day or two. It does not look or taste like chicken so they are not going to start eating each other.

I do not see any problems at all.

No problems. The only reason I'm not saying I do this all the time are two fold:

1) I'm behnd on my culling and haven't been eating as much poultry lately

2) There is so much meat left in that picture that I'd make stock first, and give the ckicens what was left after I'd made good use of those leftovers.

Also, I give my chickens bits of their brethren when I'm doing the culling. They don't get the gall bladder (wouldn't eat it anyways), they don't get the liver or kidneys (both tend to concentrate certain things I'd not want to build generation after generation after generation). They do get the rest of the g/i tract and the reproductive tract. and BOY OH BOY do they gobble it up.

Back
Top Bottom