I'm Having A Bad Day. Please Talk To Me!!

That doesn't sound good.

I'm in the dumps too, right now. Apparently, I left the clips off the door to one of the cages that house my daughter's Seramas last night, and a raccoon got in. Three birds are dead/missing, including her absolute favorite, the first Serama egg we hatched from our original pair. She doesn't know yet, but she will soon. If it was just my birds, I'd be kicking myself, yes, but these are her birds.
sad.png

But, we'll get over it. This isn't the first time we've lost birds, and probably won't be the last.

Enough of my whining. What's up with you?

Last edited:
That doesn't sound good.

I'm in the dumps too, right now. Apparently, I left the clips off the door to one of the cages that house my daughter's Seramas last night, and a raccoon got in. Three birds are dead/missing, including her absolute favorite, the first Serama egg we hatched from our original pair. She doesn't know yet, but she will soon. If it was just my birds, I'd be kicking myself, yes, but these are her birds.
sad.png

But, we'll get over it. This isn't the first time we've lost birds, and probably won't be the last.

Enough of my whining. What's up with you?
Gosh now that is something to be sad about, so sorry for the loss of your birds......its awful i know how bad it it to loose your girls ...

Well, like I said, it isn't the first time. The worst loss I've had was when a fox got into the pasture where I had some free-ranging chickens and ducks, and took down 23 assorted birds. I'd mostly be annoyed with myself if it weren't that these were DD's birds.

But I notice that kyla has changed her siggy, so I suspect I know what she's so blue about.
sad.png

This is a bit off topic, but this thread reminded me of the difference between young girls and boys. As the father of a grown son and two grown daughters I can say with some authority that it was much easier having a teen aged boys then the girls. Rarely do boys have these "It's the end of the world" emotional moments. Having said that it changes when they become adults and there is nothing better in this world then having a grown daughter. For fathers who have only sons you really do not know what you are missing.

Well, like I said, it isn't the first time. The worst loss I've had was when a fox got into the pasture where I had some free-ranging chickens and ducks, and took down 23 assorted birds. I'd mostly be annoyed with myself if it weren't that these were DD's birds.

But I notice that kyla has changed her siggy, so I suspect I know what she's so blue about.
sad.png
Foxes are our main predator over her in the UK, we have no where near the predator problems you guys have, Foxes are notorious for just killing all the flock, for no, reason - well I say no reason, they kill them all and come back to where they have killed them the next day...its
hu.gif
auful - because they don't just take one the kill the lot....so sad...

Let me ask you a question. Do either of you have permission to go off campus during lunch time?

If the answer to that question is "no," then all I can say is, any guy that encourages you to break the rules to spend "alone time" with him is seriously bad news. A person who really cares about you isn't going to pressure you to do anything that will get you into trouble.

I know it hurts right now, know the rules and stick to the rules in school and you will be happier. May not seem like it right now. And , honestly if he will break up with you over this, rethink your priorities. Education FIRST !! Then a job!!

Guys are not easy to live with, I prefer my girlfriends most of the time, and my husband is a pretty decent guy. Men are not wired like women--they totally lack sensitivity. Rare to find otherwise.

FOcus on your eduction!!

Love is the biggest, most powerful thing in the world!!!
It is a difficult emotion to handle at the best of times.
When you are young, it can feel OVERWHELMING!!!
Kyla, you are not alone.
You are strong, beautiful and capable of getting through this!
You are strong enough to get through ANYTHING!
Sure, it hurts. It's scary.
When you were little, and you fell and scraped your knee, you didn't stop walking, did you?
Love is the biggest fall, the biggest hurt you can have.
But once you move through the hurt and move on, you will be SO much stronger for the next time!
And there is always a next time, and a next time, until the RIGHT time.
It is O.K. to cry, Kyla, just never give up hope!

Remember, your NEVER alone!

~S

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom