im honestly just confused??

thebeesaresleepy

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2022
when i picked up chicks 2 months ago we also picked out 3 EEs, however i honestly haven’t been convinced one of them is even a chicken?

when i first picked them up they all looked like this:
46E17F4C-F619-4B8A-8E81-BE8535CA61C7.jpeg

i couldn’t see anything wrong with them like weird toes, unabsorbed yolk or umbilical cords, there wasn’t anything i could see.

but then, when the rest of the chicks started growing, guino just didn’t?
18B92805-EC81-4F6F-AC1B-325C7FE808DC.jpeg

guino never even played like the rest of the chicks did, at one point i was concerned and brought her in to be hand fed but it didn’t change anything.

this is guino now:
(all the chickens here are the same age, yes the reds are huge, my dad picked them and i don’t remember what they are. i think production red because of size and how fast they grew?)
036357E1-9642-4905-8B32-77C27C40E2A2.jpeg

and in this photo guino is perched next to one of the EE we picked her out with:
D50E7845-ECE3-48F3-96CE-C1DC6C0D46C7.jpeg

everyone else has been fully feathered for a bit, but i just can’t figure out whats going on with guino. can anyone help?

We bought 12 chickens and eight were Easter Eggers. Our smallest egger took her time growing. She eats and behaves fine but she is at the bottom of the pecking order so she mainly stays to herself. She is still the smallest but she is growing. We are newbies so to us we feel like as long as she is not sick just let her be. Make sure they are allowing her to eat and that she is healthy and let her be. She may be just a late bloomer like ours was.

Back
Top Bottom