I'm new at this..

illinoischick

Songster
6 Years
Feb 20, 2016
For all the experts, sorry in advance for not understanding threads entirely. I'm still learning, even though I'm not really new. I have 5 chicks, 3 ducks, and 3 Turks, and am a new quail mom! Saw our local pet store was selling them for snake food and had to rescue some! 2 boys, 2 girls. Brown, white, and tan. Not sure of the breed. I have a smattering of breeds of chicks, Pekin girls, and Turks are girls too! My favorite chick is my Barred Rock, Betsey. I just lost 5 chickens and 2 ducks in the last two weeks from hawks. It was awful, as most of you have experienced. We've outsmarted them for now, until something else comes along. I love reading everyone's posts and thank you everyone for making me feel welcome!

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
:yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
Jump right in and make yourself at home.
Don't worry we were all new at one point and we all have to figure out what threads were/are. Just ask if you need any help. ;)
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1

karibu.jpg
:welcome:goodpost::highfive::jumpy

G’Day from down under illinoischick :frow Welcome!

Chicken Sympathy.jpg

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week articles which I have found to be a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group. This one may be of particular interest to you:
Topic of the Week - Keeping the Flock Safe from Predators

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom