I'M NEW HERE!

Bluenoser

In the Brooder
So I’m new to chickens. My best friend has decided to start this hobby, and I want to support her so I’m joining this group. We have six laying hens. Three Bovan Browns and three Boven Blacks. We’ve had them at her place for two weeks now and they are about 20-22 weeks old. I find it fascinating at how they have individual characters, attitudes, attributes and how intelligent they are. I also like to play guitar and bass and I like to keep fit. My best friend will eventually be my wife, at which time we will cohabitate away from the city where she currently lives. She also has a cat named Meadow! I grew up in Montréal but found myself stationed here in Nova Scotia for my terminal posting in the military. It is here that I will remain, eventually in the rural part of the province. I also enjoy fishing for striped bass and helping people get free from addiction. I found BYC in a random search, but admittedly, the “backyard” part of the name is what convinced me to start and I didn’t have to go anywhere else!

So I’m new to chickens. My best friend has decided to start this hobby, and I want to support her so I’m joining this group. We have six laying hens. Three Bovan Browns and three Boven Blacks. We’ve had them at her place for two weeks now and they are about 20-22 weeks old. I find it fascinating at how they have individual characters, attitudes, attributes and how intelligent they are. I also like to play guitar and bass and I like to keep fit. My best friend will eventually be my wife, at which time we will cohabitate away from the city where she currently lives. She also has a cat named Meadow! I grew up in Montréal but found myself stationed here in Nova Scotia for my terminal posting in the military. It is here that I will remain, eventually in the rural part of the province. I also enjoy fishing for striped bass and helping people get free from addiction. I found BYC in a random search, but admittedly, the “backyard” part of the name is what convinced me to start and I didn’t have to go anywhere else!
what a nice introduction I enjoyed reading About you and your best friend! Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom