I'm new here...

Kluk-Kluk

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 11, 2014
upstate New York
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We've had chickens about four years. My daughters were raising them, but I took over last summer when my youngest went to college. Now I'm the chicken lady at home, and I've gotten quite fond of these girls.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? What breeds do you have?

We have nine chickens - two Light Brahmas, three red sex-links, one adorable black silkie (my daughter incubated the egg and hand raised her) and three flighty black bantams of unknown breed.

(3) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Your website would come up in searches for information about breeds.

(4) What are some of your other hobbies?

Gardening, photography, writing, mission trips to foreign countries...

(5) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We used to raise Nubian goats and rabbits, but sold those and now have just one house cat. And a water garden full of goldfish. Plus an aquarium with tropical fish. I'm married with three adult children, one daughter in college (studying Agriculture and Veterinary Technology) and two still living at home - a son who finished college and a daughter who's trying to figure out what to do with the rest of her life after two years at a mission organization, including living in Haiti at a girls' orphanage. I worked at a technical writer at Kodak for years, but got laid off and I'm now enjoying my chickens and gardens full-time.

images

Welcome to BYC!

This is the place when you own poultry! Your flock is gorgeous! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. So make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

1) I got my first chicks in the summer of 2010. So now I'm not new to chickens. :)
2) I have 1 Sicilian Buttercup, 1 Blue Andalusian, and 2 White Leghorns currently. My old flock consisted of 1 Red Star, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Black Australorp, and 2 EEs. And my Partridge Silkie Mellow recently passed away. :( So all in all I have had 11 chickens.
3) Whenever I searched for info on chickens BYC pages would always pop up. :p
4) Photographing, writing, drawing, ......
5) I have several other pets. They are 2 male zebra finches and 2 ferrets (Silvie and Blackie, I like to call him Bogger:lol:)

Btw, :welcome

Back
Top Bottom