I'm new!

raggedpluto

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2017
Allentown, New Jersey
Hey guys, I'm B :) after a couple of years of learning, I finally did it and have my first chicks!
My first 3 were planned (lol) and then I have two more that I rescued from my job at TSC. The first one got her wing crushed somehow by the manager, and the other one got crushed under a waterer for 12 HOURS by another manager (we need new managers obviously). I managed to revive the little dude (or dudette)
Anyway here are my chickies :)
"Poppy" my 3 week old ameraucana pullet

"Emu" 3 week Australorp Pullet

"Raven" 3 Week Black Minorca Pullet

"Puff" 2 Week ISA Brown (I think) Pullet (this one had the hurt wing)

And this one I've been calling little guy. Not sure what gender or breed but he's the one I revived from near death. He's about a week now and is feeling so much better! So sweet too. He was very weak, so he got spoiled with a heated blanket ;)

So excited to meet fellow chicken lovers and learn even more!!
--B

So cute!
love.gif
My heart is with ducks, but I have to admit, those are some adorable little chicks! Thank you for rescuing those two (Fire the managers)
tongue.png
. I hope you have a fun time on BYC!

Greetings from Kansas, raggedpluto, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! Don't get me started on how farm and ranch stores treat baby chicks..
not all, but sometimes it's reprehensible the conditions in which they are kept! Make sure you visit the Learning Center for dozens of great articles on all aspects of chicken raising: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
And you can visit with some local poultry folks in your state thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
Best wishes to you and your chicks and thanks for joining BYC!

welcome-byc.gif

Nice intro, I enjoyed your chick pictures.

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

Thank goodness you rescued them . You are so good with them, I hope you will consider becoming a vet or veterinary assistant. I believe your Minorca chick is a cockerel.

You can also post photos at "what breed or gender is this." So glad you joined us at Backyard chickens
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom