I'm ordering an incubator NOW!

cherylcohen

The Omelet Ranch
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
SF East Bay CA
1588 The Genesis Hova-Bator with turner or Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance??

OR another recommendation for a desktop incubator?? I want bells and whistles and worry free hatches.... ha ha

Last edited:
I just had a tough hatch with a Hova bator--not the genesis, but the 1583, similar but without the electronic thermostat. I decided I don't like the styrofoam. It is too easily damaged and I think isn't as stable at maintaining temp and humidity, esp if you have weather changes like I've had here in Tx. Rain one day, dry the next.

I decided to buy the Brinsea Oct 20 for my precious rare breed eggs I'm picking up this week.

I think the extra money is worth the automatic turner, temp control and better stability for temp and humidity. Wish I'd gotten it first, but I wanted the larger capacity and lower price.
he.gif

Quote:
The Octagon 20 Advance EX - that's the top-of-the-line in the Octagon 20 series. It adds the automatic humidity pump module that completely electronically controls the humidity in the incubator.

Automatic humidity control is a definite advantage. Yes, the extra feature is nice, but you're going to get lazy if you don't even have monitor the humidity level!
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of each. They're both fab, so I guess it depends on how many eggs you want to hatch at once. If space is not an issue, I say the Brinsea. Set it an' forget it.

Back
Top Bottom