I'm setting eggs tonight 2/2/12, any hatching buddies out there wanna join me?

blueberrychickens

Songster
9 Years
May 12, 2010
Hudson, MA
I'm setting 15 Ameraucana eggs tonight in my new Hovabator. This is my first time ever trying to hatch eggs. Any hatching buddies out there setting eggs tonight??

I just set another 60 today so if thats close enough I'll be a Hatch buddy.
Breeds
Lavender Ameruacanas
Olive Egg Layers
Blue Jersey Giants
Auburn Javas
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
This is my 4th year hatching.
I have 2 Dickey incubators and a GQF 6 tray hatcher.
I dont candle till day 14, but I do have some due on the 14th and the following week.

I just set:

Serama
Silkie
Millie Fleur Bantam Cochin
Russian Orloff
...and two big double yolk Wheaten Marans, just to see what happens. :)

I have Serama hatching tomorrow and a variety all month long. I have 4 HovaBators and 1 LG hatcher.

Glad to have some hatching buddies.

Here we go!!
fl.gif

What color are they to be?
Looks like your flash washed some of the egg color out are they a blue or blue green color on the eggs
ill try to get some pictures of my eggs today I also need to update pictures of my breeders.
I got some eggs in that I will be setting today too.
I can't wait to get some fuzzy butts around here.
Hope y'all have a good day today

Well I sort of missed the boat but I'm setting eggs today in about four hours once my girls pop out 5 or 6 more eggs. I've never incubated before but I've been reading about it a lot the past week. I'm using a HovaBator 1588 with automatic turners. It's at 99.5 degrees and 57% humidity right now. Hoping to drop the humidity a little bit before I stick them in. If any of mine hatch I'll be sure to post pictures. Fingers crossed. Setting 32-38 eggs(depending on what they produce today).

Hi Blueberry,

I am starting eight goose eggs this morning, 2-3, and it will take my geese longer to hatch than your chickens. I had eleven in the first incubator started 1-21 and nine of them are developing. Only one of my geese were laying when I started the first bunch, now I have two laying. I bet you are very excited!

I want to buy some Wellsummer eggs when my geese get through with laying their eggs. I hope you know that once you start hatching eggs you can't stop, lol. There are some very good incubating threads on here that have helped me a lot. Good luck with your eggs.

Littledear

Blueberry,

Just so you know I am using three Hovabators. One is forced air and the other two are not. I also have one automatic turner that I don't use with my goose eggs. I bought special adapters for the goose eggs but it just doesn't work well as the eggs are so big and heavy so my daughter and I turn them by hand. Just thought you might want to know that the turners don't do as well for the big heavy eggs in case you get adventurous and branch out.

I candle my eggs on the sixth day as I don't want to disturb them the first few critical days any more than I have to. I am very interested in Chicken Junkies double yoke eggs. I have one goose egg that it twice as big as all of the others in this latest bunch and even though we candled it we can't tell for sure if it is a double yoke or not. It would be interesting to see if a double yoked egg would produce a bird as I understand that they use the yoke for their food while developing.

Littledear

What color are they to be?
Looks like your flash washed some of the egg color out are they a blue or blue green color on the eggs
ill try to get some pictures of my eggs today I also need to update pictures of my breeders.
I got some eggs in that I will be setting today too.
I can't wait to get some fuzzy butts around here.
Hope y'all have a good day today

The eggs themselves are light blue, they are blue black splash, is what I'm told anyways.

Littledear, thats so cool to be incubating goose eggs! I want to do some ducks maybe around Easter time. I also want to do Welsummers & Barnevelders. I can see this as being rather addictive!

Back
Top Bottom