I'm SO nervous

Urban Chaos

Songster
8 Years
Feb 9, 2011
Austin
fl.gif

I will be embarking on my first journey into the world of incubating. I purchased a Hova-bator 1620N with fan kit, thermometer/hydrometer and egg turner. I have it set up and my eggs (they are shipped) should be here tomorrow. Ok, (letting out a deep breath) I *think* I've read just about every link in the stickies section as well as many of the posts on here, I just cant help but feel like there is something else I should know.

Also I am supper nervous about the eggs sitting outside in this heat we are having. I've got the tracking # and can leave work as soon as it says they have been delivered, is that going to be good enough? Will they go into any sort of shock when I bring them in from the outside to my 75* house? Do I still need to let them sit and get to room temp or should I just stick them in the 'bator.

Thanks for being here to listen and help

Victoria

I'm right there with ya! I just set my first eggs ever this afternoon in my new Rcom 20. Never tried incubating before so i'm nervous too
hide.gif
I hope our first hatch is good and not discouraging
fl.gif
I know it's my first time but I'm still hoping for the best! Good luck
thumbsup.gif

I read your prior post and had to look up the Rcom - my husband would have killed me if I'd gotten that one - it looks awesome. So I guess we'll be within days of each other.. good luck to you too.

Lol yea it's really cool and so far keeps the temp and humidity right on
big_smile.png
I was going to get the Rcom mini which was a lot cheeper but my dad insisted I get the one that holds more eggs so I can hatch some for him
lau.gif
i'll keep canldeling pic updates on here
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom