I'm so old I Remember when:

Turns out that wadded up brown paper that comes in Amazon boxes is also good under painting projects when smoothed out. Apparently that's the 21st century version of newspaper.
No, it's iPads with a newspaper pulled up on them. To clean the mess just push home and the mess will disappear when the newspaper app closes.

Ah, but it's a DRY heat! :D
Mmh…Saharan desert heat. ☀️
Down here we say "It's not the heat. It's the stupidity."
Try telling that to all the people living in those climates and see what they say.
The sad thing is that it's hard to find stuff made to last :(.
Are you just now noticing this?
Why do you have to replace things so often? I am still wearing the same tennis shoes that I've had for at least five years. And my clothes are that old too. My work shoes are going on 7 years old
Woo! :highfive:
Because everything is cheaper and worse quality now; also, I am hard on my clothes (thornbushes and puppy teeth take a toll!). Ten years ago I bought a pair of tennis shoes (same brand as my current ones) that lasted seven years, but the soles got too smooth and they were a safety hazard. Other than that they were still in good condition. My current shoes are six months old and already starting to come apart. The skirts I used to get would start getting holes by the two year mark...all of them are patched up and I still wear them but I had to make new ones for going out.
I do have a pair of church shoes that are seven years old and still growing strong. The lady at the store said they should last for twenty years...:)
Sorry for this long explanation :oops:.
Don’t buy shoes or boots that don’t last long and look for better brands if you notice others quality goes downhill like that.
Interesting. I don't spend a lot of money on clothes or shoes but I do buy brand name shoes. Not worth the aching back to get low quality shoes. Both my work shoes and tennis shoes are New Balance and have lasted for years
Same here for the most part. I still fit in all my clothes from 10+ years ago that I never even wore very often, which is kind of crazy.
I replace shoes after ~500 miles. The supporting materials break down by then and they're not good for your feet. Planned obsolescence.

I usually know when that mile marker has been passed, my feet tell me.
I can see that and feel it too.

Unfortunately quality of everything has gone down and prices have gone up as manufacturers continue noticing what damage they’re causing the environment.
And then they have the audacity to say they're eco friendly.

This goes for all my electronic doodads too. The older "budget" stuff I have feels more robust. The newer "budget" stuff feels like bottom of the barrel. I have a 2012 Chromebook around here. You can upgrade the RAM and hard drive and it'll be usable. The new ones literally can go in the rubbish two years after you buy them since you filled the 64GB of soldered on storage in that time.

They changed the material over time on my favorite shirts from a good amount of cotton to recycled polyester:(
Yep. That’s one example of many…
And then they have the audacity to say they're eco friendly.

This goes for all my electronic doodads too. The older "budget" stuff I have feels more robust. The newer "budget" stuff feels like bottom of the barrel. I have a 2012 Chromebook around here. You can upgrade the RAM and hard drive and it'll be usable. The new ones literally can go in the rubbish two years after you buy them since you filled the 64GB of soldered on storage in that time.
:mad:…Cellphones don’t last long for s*** either these days.

On the bright side I did see one of those new electric trucks in town today. That was interesting.

Back
Top Bottom