IMO , CHICKENS are NOT just a " NOVELTY THAT HAS WORN OFF " . **UPDATE **

What happened?? Did you finally get them? Chicken math has increased my flock BUT I could never miss treat them, they are my pleasure...so much fun to watch...they have their on personalities... am so grateful for them...They provide healthy food for our family and not to mention entertainment. They do their part providing what they were created to provide its not too much to ask to treat them with care....

Unfortunately, I am pretty sure chickens are excepted from anti cruelty laws in most places. That's the only way the huge chicken houses get by with all they do. I think (hope) things are changing, but it's always a slow process. Just to touch on a couple more things I read throughout this thread, I was shocked someone would straight out accuse anyone who happens to be an illegal immigrant of being heartless and cruel. Scour the backwoods of Arkansas, where I grew up, for just a bit. You just might trust the compassion of an illegal far more than one of your fellow Americans afterward. And last, whomever said "they don't have to lay eggs for you but they do", unfortunately, WRONG! Yes they do! That's why they are so easy to abuse! Chickens don't choose to ovulate any more than I do!

Sorry, I KNOW this is just a jumbled mess. I am on good narcotics from very recent surgery and my widdle brain feels fuzzy! However, some things just shock me enough to post! All we can do is promise to take up for any injustice we see, whether human or animal, and hope the world slowly changes. Go hug a chicken! :) It makes everything feel better!

Hi Im sitting here at 230 in the morning wondering "were the hens saved". I really hope so
fl.gif

just curious but why is raising meat birds any different? I didn't name my roosters, they were dinner and it was still sad to kill them. I don't treat any bird differently whether it's meant for te soup pot or for the coop.

First off, thank you for involving yourself with these hens and preparing a quality place for them to live.

However, the previous post about making animals "disappear" from yards is alarming at best. The general population does not have the legal power or training to deal with suspected neglect or abuse cases, and must go through the proper channels to report abuse and have it investigated and dealt with. I am thankful for this, especially after seeing some cases where animals with congenital mutations or diseases that were being treated by a vet were STOLEN because someone decided they were being abused. And that is what making animals "disappear" is. It is stealing. I'd be beyond both furious and heartbroken if someone decided to come over and steal our beloved, shelter-adopted dog because they mistake her behavior towards them as a sign that she is being abused (She is so much better than when we first adopted her, but she came to us as an adult who was fearful of all people due to poor or no socialization or training, and she still is both wary and fearful of certain strangers. I've seen people mistake fearful or shy animals as being "abused" too many times to count). I will report anyone I am able to for trying to take the law into their own hands, not because it is illegal, but because it is reckless and far too open for mistakes. Go through the proper legal channels, or make a legitimate deal with the owner/s. Please do not steal any more animals.

Last edited:
First off, thank you for involving yourself with these hens and preparing a quality place for them to live.

However, the previous post about making animals "disappear" from yards is alarming at best. The general population does not have the legal power or training to deal with suspected neglect or abuse cases, and must go through the proper channels to report abuse and have it investigated and dealt with. I am thankful for this, especially after seeing some cases where animals with congenital mutations or diseases that were being treated by a vet were STOLEN because someone decided they were being abused. And that is what making animals "disappear" is. It is stealing. I'd be beyond both furious and heartbroken if someone decided to come over and steal our beloved, shelter-adopted dog because they mistake her behavior towards them as a sign that she is being abused (She is so much better than when we first adopted her, but she came to us as an adult who was fearful of all people due to poor or no socialization or training, and she still is both wary and fearful of certain strangers. I've seen people mistake fearful or shy animals as being "abused" too many times to count). I will report anyone I am able to for trying to take the law into their own hands, not because it is illegal, but because it is reckless and far too open for mistakes. Go through the proper legal channels, or make a legitimate deal with the owner/s. Please do not steal any more animals.

I did NOT steal Anything .

I told him I wanted the hens..and he gave them to me..

I said I was going back to get his Coop and he would know it was me who took it..

Please Dont judge me or accuse me of anything illegal..I am a retired Police Officer who treasures her integrity

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom