Impacted crop on underweight hen

Her stool likes normal until I took food away. Now they're watery and the last bit had a little green in it.
The green in her droppings shows that she does not eat enough. She needs more sustenance or she will not make it.

Tube feed her the mixed raw egg yolks swith sugar several times a day and keep massaging her crop to get the obstruction moving.

If her poop looked normal until you took the food away, what made you think she has a crop impaction? Usually, chickens suffering from a crop impaction only pass very liquidy/watery stool as nothing but liquids will pass the obstruction.

The green in her droppings shows that she does not eat enough. She needs more sustenance or she will not make it.

Tube feed her the mixed raw egg yolks swith sugar several times a day and keep massaging her crop to get the obstruction moving.

If her poop looked normal until you took the food away, what made you think she has a crop impaction? Usually, chickens suffering from a crop impaction only pass very liquidy/watery stool as nothing but liquids will pass the obstruction.
How many y raw eggs should I give her? Should I give her back her normal layer feed as well?

In the morning, her crop was firm and hard. Actually, three mornings in a row now

How many y raw eggs should I give her? Should I give her back her normal layer feed as well?

In the morning, her crop was firm and hard. Actually, three mornings in a row now
I would just tube feed the raw egg yolks with sugar, each time time two yolks and half a teaspoon of sugar well mixed with luke warm water.

Did she have feed in reach when you found her with a full crop in the morning?
Could it be that she just had a breakfast prior to you checking on her?

And how is her crop now in the mornings before she had water or anything else?

I would just tube feed the raw egg yolks with sugar, each time time two yolks and half a teaspoon of sugar well mixed with luke warm water.

Did she have feed in reach when you found her with a full crop in the morning?
Could it be that she just had a breakfast prior to you checking on her?

And how is her crop now in the mornings before she had water or anything else?
She did not have access to food.
This morning it still felt impacted. I increased water, hoping it would help.

What kind of laxative is it?
Is this safe to give her and should I?

Today, and first thing this morning, her crop feels full but with liquid. I don't know what to do?

Attachments

• PXL_20231002_215523596.jpg
    PXL_20231002_215523596.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 9
Is this safe to give her and should I?

Today, and first thing this morning, her crop feels full but with liquid. I don't know what to do?
I would not administer a laxative containing sennosides as they have a degenerative effect on the muscles, liver and heart of chickens.

It is better to use just lactose.

Would she have been able to drink prior to you checking her crop?

Back
Top Bottom