Impacted crop

I have to wait until Thursday but I will definitely let you know what I find. It’s weird, I thought her crop felt so much better Monday am and then she just continued to have worse diarrhea. I feel like there had to have been some kind of blockage further along. Maybe an impacted gizzard. We shall see. Just hate that I couldn’t fix her.

So I did Blanche’s necropsy today. Her crop was very full but not solid. Her gizzard was stuffed and super solid. I did find a super hard blockage in her intestine. I’m going to post a picture of it. It makes sense that all she was passing was liquid, She lost so much weight in 6 days. Nothing notable as far as tumors anywhere, no strange fluids and the liver and other organs looked good. I didn’t see anything odd in the oviduct, not egg bound or anything.

Attachments

• IMG_8081.png
    IMG_8081.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
So I did Blanche’s necropsy today. Her crop was very full but not solid. Her gizzard was stuffed and super solid. I did find a super hard blockage in her intestine. I’m going to post a picture of it. It makes sense that all she was passing was liquid, She lost so much weight in 6 days. Nothing notable as far as tumors anywhere, no strange fluids and the liver and other organs looked good. I didn’t see anything odd in the oviduct, not egg bound or anything.
Did you do necropsy yourself?
My chicken was doing good and then she left us one day so I think she had further issues. But I didn’t do the necropsy

Did you do necropsy yourself?
My chicken was doing good and then she left us one day so I think she had further issues. But I didn’t do the necropsy
Yes, I did do it myself. I’m glad I did even though I didn’t want to. Helped me see that there was something further along in her intestine and honestly I don’t think I could have done anything differently.

Back
Top Bottom