Impatiently waiting 😭

jordan_lang

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2023
I am SO impatient for these girls to lay. i got these three 3 months ago with no indication of how old they were. they were quite small but not babies. i was told they are all 3 prairie bluebells (definitely questioning the white one though..) and i’m so anxious to see a blue egg!!!! agghh!
it also seems weird to me that the gray and black one have basically no comb whatsoever and the white one has had quite the visible comb for at least a month now, probably longer

Attachments

• IMG_1278.jpeg
    IMG_1278.jpeg
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1284.jpeg
    IMG_1284.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1286.jpeg
    IMG_1286.jpeg
    888.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1290.jpeg
    IMG_1290.jpeg
    568.6 KB · Views: 15
Prairie Bluebells should have a pea comb so the white one probably isn't one. They do come in all colors though. Mine is white with black splash but she has a yellow ear like your black one.
And mine hasn't laid yet either :barnie the last of my girls, I wanna see that blue egg too!

The leghorn looks like a cockerel. The other two are pullets but you’ll be waiting a while for them to lay.
oh goodness. that would be interesting if so. oh great, more waiting 😂 i guess i thought they were older than they were when i got them. thank you!

Prairie Bluebells should have a pea comb so the white one probably isn't one. They do come in all colors though. Mine is white with black splash but she has a yellow ear like your black one.
And mine hasn't laid yet either :barnie the last of my girls, I wanna see that blue egg too!
that’s kind of what i was thinking. another comment said it looks like a cockerel 🫣. but hopefully at least two of the three will lay those blue eggs!!!! how old are yours?

that’s kind of what i was thinking. another comment said it looks like a cockerel 🫣. but hopefully at least two of the three will lay those blue eggs!!!! how old are yours?
25 weeks old now. The other eight girls (same age but it's a variety flock) have all started laying for at least 3-4 weeks now but not her... Knowing her, she'll try to hold off until next spring rolls around 🙄 🤣

Attachments

• Resized_20230730_104503.jpg
    Resized_20230730_104503.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 8
25 weeks old now. The other eight girls (same age but it's a variety flock) have all started laying for at least 3-4 weeks now but not her... Knowing her, she'll try to hold off until next spring rolls around 🙄 🤣
she looks like a sweetie! aw well it seems i will be waiting a while. i only know that my girls are at least 12 weeks old since i don’t know how old they were when i got them 🤦🏼‍♀️ and their comb isn’t anything near what hers is!

If she ever graces me with an egg, I'll post a pic. Shoot, I'll be so excited I'll go rent a billboard to show it off 🤣

Back
Top Bottom