In case you havent heard about this yet

RrAaZz

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 8, 2012
Marana , AZ
THIS HAPPENED YESTERDAY, MR. LEON ROSBY WAS RECORDING THE POLICE, THEY ARREST HIM AND SHOT HIS DOG [WARNING-EXTREMELY DISTURBING VIDEO OF INCIDENT]:
PLEASE SIGN AND SHARE PETITIONS: 1) Hawthorne Police Department: Investigate, impose sanctions, and issue apology for the shooting of Mr. Leon Rosby's dog http://www.change.org/petitions/haw...ology-for-the-shooting-of-mr-leon-rosby-s-dog 2)Hawthorne Police Department Kill Harmless Dog http://www.thepetitionsite.com/501/149/932/hawthorne-police-department-kill-harmless-dog/

I regret watching the video. Basically a cop shoots a dog to death and you see it squirm around dying.. blood, everything. It bothered me greatly. I would not recommend anyone try to find it. The only thing I have to say is, would that cop have shot their own dog over something like that? absolutely not. I think too many times cops discharge their weapons "because they can" and know that theoretically they are justified even though they could have handled it way differently. I don't even want to argue this it is so disturbing. I will leave it at that.

Last edited:
I regret watching the video. Basically a cop shoots a dog to death and you see it squirm around dying.. blood, everything. It bothered me greatly. I would not recommend anyone try to find it. The only thing I have to say is, would that cop have shot their own dog over something like that? absolutely not. I think too many times cops discharge their weapons "because they can" and know that theoretically they are justified even though they could have handled it way differently. I don't even want to argue this it is so disturbing. I will leave it at that.

I only saw a small part of the video on T.V. but didn't the dog go after the cops ?

The dog was very upset his owner was being accosted. In some states it is illegal to video record the police. (Q9 and rebelcowboy, this is your cue) Dogs are loyal animals and that's why we love them. The dog definitely made a motion towards the cops but I will say this much, and I seriously do not want to get into this debate, but if roles were reversed and a police dog jumped at you like that and you shot it to death? You'd be looking at years in prison. Without a doubt. Dogs don't understand police uniforms. That cop shot that dog because of callousness. Had that dog meant anything to the cop they would have taken a different route.

Last edited:
I didn't see the video...but IF the dog went after the cop they were justified in shooting it. Sad to say because I love dogs... :(
BUT...as I said I didn't see the video so I didn't see what exactly went on..

level heads never seem to prevail in these situations. All they had to do was allow the owner to get his dog and put him more securely in the car. #1, It's not like the guy would "get away" #2. The dogs owner didn't do anything illegal and the arrest was unjustified. That dog did exactly what he should do if his owner was under duress. I hope he sues the crap out of the pansey *** cops!

Last edited:
I'm on the fence on this one. They guy took the time to put the dog in the car but not to roll the windows up enough so the dog couldn't jump out? The cop shouldn't have reached for the leash of agitated large dog.

I have a story for you. This is before my time when my oldest sister was a young teenager. My mom had a large husky/shepherd that's only job in life was protecting the children. One day a robber threw a gun over the fence into the yard. An officer came to retrieve the gun and my mother had my sister hold the dog on a leash. He sat there happy and relaxed. The officer walked up and thanked my sister and without thinking about it, reached out and patted her shoulder. BAM. The dog nailed him. As soon as he removed his hand, the dog released and was calm.

Now to recap, A large dog just BIT a police officer. Do you know what that cop did? He apologized and accepted responsibility for what happened. He knew that the dog was only protecting her and that he should have never touched her. He offered to buy him on the spot.

That cop knew what the one in question didn't - You can't blame a dog for doing it's job.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom