In loving memory....Sherry Davis

(((((Kim))))) I'm soo sorry about your mother. Please do whatever will help you get through this and remember that we are all here for you. My heart felt condolences.

Ellen

I'm sorry about your Mom & I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers. This was posted on another site I ran across a year ago and I really liked it. It was for Jazzman's Mom I printed it out and kept it Thought I would pass it along to you.

Miss Me But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little but not to long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me but let me go.

For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone.
It's all a part of the Master's plan,
A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the Friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss Me But Let Me Go!

I thank you all for the poetry and book suggestions. I will read the books and I love the poem. As for losing my Mom....I will miss her tremendously and every day but she would want me to continue with a normal life. This is what I will do to honor her memory.

To my Best Friend and my Mommy ....RIP

Kim

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I know that had to be the hardest decision that families have to make. You are in our prayers. I hope someday for you that you will be able to remember her without all the tears and mixed emotions and just remember her as she was. Our love is with and for you during this difficult time.

There arent words that will make you feel any better. But I have to say how sorry I am for your loss. I don't know what I will do the day my mom passes. She is my best friend. Hugs to you and all of your family!
hugs.gif

Shannon

Well luckily for me my Mom and I did alot together over the last couple years. We camped and I was teaching her to ride and to drive a stick shift. We had so much fun. We used to go play pool together and out dancing. I consider myself quite lucky to have had this dynamo as a mother. I thank-you all for your sympathies and know we made the choice she would have wanted at the end. I think we are all at peace with the decision and just ready to get some closure so we can begin to grieve.

Kim

I am also sorry for your loss! As others have said, isn't that what we're here for?

I love this poem by Henry Van Dyke, and although it always makes me cry, I find it very comforting. I hope it helps you as it has me.

"Gone from My Sight"

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side
spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and
starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty
and strength. I stand and watch her until at length
she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where
the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in
mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and
she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her
destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the
moment when someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout: "Here she comes!"

And that is dying.

Kim, think of the ones who were waiting for her, and how happy they must be to have her once again in their company. She will be on the horizon shouting "Here she comes!" when it is your turn to make the voyage.

My heart and prayers are with you.

Laura

Back
Top Bottom