In the spirit of giving! Paying it Forward( WINNER )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it would be cheesy to nominate you James
lau.gif

But thanks for helping me out!
thumbsup.gif
It's nice to have someone "enable" my habit!

I also nominate Speckledhen! She is Awesome!

I love this idea! How very nice of you to do this & I will enjoy watching this thread!!!! I nominate rebelcowboysnb for this offer.
He has been so kind and helpful to me and has answered so many
questions in regards of incubating and hatching. He even installed
fans in both of my incubators so I can get better hatch rates, and he
wouldn't let me pay for the fans or his labor, How kind is that?
He has also been a true BYC friend so I feel he deserves this!
At the moment he doesn't have many birds and oh I forgot to say that he is incubating guinea eggs for me.

I would like to nominate Lynne, aka WWmicasa1. I bought Lemon Cochin eggs from Lynne, put them into the bator and got nada. Not her fault in the least...it's a new 'bator that I built to take over from a Hova that tried to fry the eggs at 104. They did live though the spike, but not to hatch. Lynne, in her generosity, sent me some of her Mille Fleur Cochin eggs via her hubby when he came from Ca to Albuquerque. She didn't charge me a dime for these babies even though right now you can't sell your firstborn to get these eggs. Plus, she had them hand delivered to me. So very sweet!

Please check with Lickskillet to make sure she is ready for eggs. She just mentioned in another thread that she was not ready to add to her flock right now.

I would love to see her get more birds, but just be sure she will accept them if she wins....she may hear about this great offer and change her mind. If she does, I THIRD her nomination!!!! She is a wonderful sport and certainly deserves the eggs!!

I was really happy to read of your generosity. If every kindness is passed on it would indeed be a much nicer world. Did your Welsummers hatch?

I will nominate PurpleChicken. I had bought quail eggs but they were never sent and PurpleChicken sent me quail eggs for free.

I would like to nominate newnanchic
smile.png

Last fall I borrowed an incubator and wanted to give hatching a try, so I ordered some moderately priced eggs from 2 BYCers. My first attempt ended up a real flop and I just about gave up trying again. After a few days and reading lots of hatching threads, I changed my mind and was determined to try and hatch again. I posted a thread looking for some cheaper barnyard mix eggs, because I was leary to try and hatch breeds I had my heart set on and fail again.

newnanchic graciously offered to send me some eggs for just the cost of shipping. I accepted, of course and when I asked about the cost of shipping, she told me not to worry about it and have a great day
smile.png

That was the sweetest thing someone on BYC has done for me, so I think she deserves to be rewarded for being so kind!

I'd like to nominate Opa.
thumbsup.gif
I just recently had the great pleasure of meeting him, and he was everything that I had envisioned...a true gentleman. If he is online when a new member posts in the Michigan thread, he's generally the 1st person to issue a warm welcome. And he's always got an ear open for conversation on the phone. Opa, as a person, is one of the most genuine people I've ever met. What you see is what you get, like it or leave it. He's always doing something with others in mind. I, personally, know exactly how far Opa will go in gestures of kindness. Just yesterday, I met up with Opa...he was DONATING a breeding trio of his beautiful Welsummers to a dear friend of mine who had lost her flock to a weasel attack...now how selfless is that?!
ep.gif
He's down to earth, honest, and a true friend. I, for one, know that I could ask him for anything and he'd at least try to help me. Opa, if you read this...thank you for being such a terrific human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom