in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

Munt Roraima Venezuela.png

So this morning the usual hawks visited my pigeons pens. Typically I open the back door & come outside, hawks may fly off, or wait for me to approach close, before flying off. Sometimes the Crows will dive bomb & caw caw, to chase them off. I like Crows, nursed one back to health once, some moron shot it with those bouncey, rubber pellets. Anyway, the Crows & buzzards enjoy the occasional cracked eggs I set out for them. The Crows also caw cawed loudly when I chased hawks off waving a broom like a crazy lady, then proceeded to fly after villainous hawk, finishing the job. I guess the Crows wanted to show their approval of my joining the hawk chase effort. After I chased off a huge female Red Shoulder hawk this morning, the Crows chased her further, then a bit later they All came back. They landed on top of the pigeon pens & cawed, bobbing their heads. I looked for more hawks, but saw none. The Roosters & Guineas weren't raising a ruckus either. I walked over to the Crows & asked what was up. One crow actually walked towards me, with something in his beak. He dropped it down, looked at me, they all cawed, then flew off, in no hurry, crowing. I had no idea what it was & had to use the hose water to get it down off of the pen top. It looked like a miniature, brown banana...some kind of pod. I Googled it & learned it is a Paw Paw tree seed pod. Pretty cool! The Crows actually brought me a gift! I know they often steal things, clothespins on the line, anything that shines or is nest building & decorating worthy, or whatever they deem as being cool. Well, thank you so much for giving back Crows! I'm going to plant a few Paw Paws. 😃

https://www.delgazette.com/news/81292/pawpaw-trees-becoming-popular-again
20221106_132420.jpg
20221106_132441.jpg 20221106_132455.jpg

Pigeon pens now decorated with Mr. Owl in such a way he won't keep blowing away. Now attached to heavy board, I have to keep moving Mr. Owl around, hawks get used to a statue if it never moves.
20221106_144800.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom