in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

💜

Attachments

• 95CFFF11-BCA6-4D2E-92FA-744399316817.jpeg
    95CFFF11-BCA6-4D2E-92FA-744399316817.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 4
Nice, rich! Did you take that pic yourself? Where is it?
It is in Snake road bluffs, In Southern Illinois. I was in area, long ago, on Road trips. I was much into spelunking and rock climbing when I had less journeys around the sun. :frow :gig.. Also long distance bicycle rides. Longest was in 2001 , from Minneapolis to Chicago. Short of 500 miles by a dozen miles. 8 days trip,,, which included a one day rest,, halfway. :)
In this area,, snake migration takes place 2 time per year. (turtles also). In Springtime, the migration is from marshes into the cliffs. In Autumn it is in reverse ,, cliffs into the marshes.
My older pictures are in old skool :old Chemical film prints. These are digital that I can post online.
Here are a few more from same area.
pine hills.PNG
snake road.PNG
snake road1.PNG
The DNR, close vehicular access during these migration periods. There were idiots that did try to see how much harm they could do. Being safe inside their vehicles. Wonder how brave would they be walking and agitating those snakes. In Illinois, we do have a few venomous species of snakes. Cottonmouth, and Copperheads are 2 common ones. I believe ALL LIVING THINGS HAVE A PLACE IN NATURE. 💚
BTW,,,,,, the caveman does not kill anything.. Flies, and mosquitoes are excluded.

It is in Snake road bluffs, In Southern Illinois. I was in area, long ago, on Road trips. I was much into spelunking and rock climbing when I had less journeys around the sun. :frow :gig.. Also long distance bicycle rides. Longest was in 2001 , from Minneapolis to Chicago. Short of 500 miles by a dozen miles. 8 days trip,,, which included a one day rest,, halfway. :)
In this area,, snake migration takes place 2 time per year. (turtles also). In Springtime, the migration is from marshes into the cliffs. In Autumn it is in reverse ,, cliffs into the marshes.
My older pictures are in old skool :old Chemical film prints. These are digital that I can post online.
Here are a few more from same area.
View attachment 3323829View attachment 3323830View attachment 3323831The DNR, close vehicular access during these migration periods. There were idiots that did try to see how much harm they could do. Being safe inside their vehicles. Wonder how brave would they be walking and agitating those snakes. In Illinois, we do have a few venomous species of snakes. Cottonmouth, and Copperheads are 2 common ones. I believe ALL LIVING THINGS HAVE A PLACE IN NATURE. 💚
BTW,,,,,, the caveman does not kill anything.. Flies, and mosquitoes are excluded.
how nice, Rich! thanks for sharing your adventures! Sounds like you have had a blast!
What a lovely area…
BTW, flies and mosquitoes are ‘pursuers’, acceptable to dispose of.

Back
Top Bottom