in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

I had to look up the viceroy...I had no idea there were monarch mimics though it makes sense to mimic them. Certainly could be. I don't see the line across the lower wing though that viceroys have so not sure. Whichever...I hope we keep getting them ❤️
My understanding,,,,,,, Monarchs are somewhat toxic to be eaten by birds, or such... Maybe just bad tasting,,, so:idunno
Viceroy not by anything he could have masterminded,,, but nature,,,, Is not toxic/bad tasting,,,,,, gets a free ride in safety from being eaten. :thumbsup

Screensho (2).jpg

Yesterday I prepared the support column for the goat barn. It might have been easier to buy a long enough pipe or channel from the market, but I didn't want to spend the money. So I took some kind of iron pole stub, cut it into three pieces and welded them to this pipe, after which I drilled and screwed them with bolts and nuts.
From below, I welded some piece of iron found in the forest. In our magical forest where i can find everything - wild sweet raspberries, wild strawberries, various edible mushrooms, etc. of course, metal for welding :D
Фото3978.jpg

I'm curious what it was originally. Perhaps it was some kind of pipe from an ancient Soviet water supply system. Or maybe it was some kind of support, I don’t know from what.

Фото3981.jpg

I can’t say that it turned out very beautiful, but I think it’s quite reliable and functional. So that the bolts do not stick out, I cut off the excess.
Фото3982.jpg

Back
Top Bottom