in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

We here in out family drink it not for any medicinal purposes, but for the FLAVOR. :drool :drool :drool
I steep it well,,,,,,, and drink it without adding any sugar, or honey. I do drink other teas as well. Green tea, I like with Honey. Black tea,,, usually with sugar,,, and a slice of lemon.
Well, to be honest, I haven’t bought regular tea in a store for a very long time, for two reasons - on the one hand, I’m too lazy to go to the store, on the other, what’s the point if “tea” grows for free.
In our family, instead of tea, it is customary to brew mint (the so-called dog mint, wild mint that grows like a weed), leaves of black currant, raspberry, and flowers of one of the varieties of chamomile, the leaves of which look like dill (other chamomile is not suitable). True, such tea (when it`s brewed) cannot be stored; it quickly deteriorates if left for a couple of days, unlike ordinary full-fledged tea from a store grown somewhere on tea plantations in India and other countries. In Russia, tea (plant) grows only in one place, in one of the southern regions, and there is little of it. Therefore, all tea in Russia is imported.
There is also a wild plant called “Ivan tea”, but this tea is not for everyone, in addition, it has some medicinal properties and is not advisable to abuse it.
scale_1200

This is a very common plant that fills the edges of forests, and it is tall, can reach a height of 2 m. Unlike regular tea, it does not contain caffeine. Medicinal use of this plant - Inflammatory diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract: Cystitis, Urethritis, Pyelonephritis.
They write on the Internet that it is not advisable for pregnant women to drink this tea, apparently it is too diuretic.
In general, the use of medicinal plants always requires knowledge and caution. I remember I drank too much blackcurrant and raspberry tea and got a slight allergy because too many vitamins got into my body, especially vitamin C. This did not create serious problems for me, but I had to not drink this “tea” for some time.

They write about rosehip that it should also not be abused, because it can put some strain on the kidneys. But, as I understand it, in order for this to be noticeable, you need to drink a really large amount of rosehip infusion, and brew it very concentrated.
In addition, the substances contained in rose hips depend on its variety. Garden rose hips have a lot of vitamin C, wild rose hips have less vitamin C, but more of some other choleretic substances, the composition of which I don’t remember now (for that i need to get a reference book or look through the Internet).

Frankly speaking, in Russia there are from 150 to 200 varieties of rose hips, and I don’t even know how many grow abroad. And the biochemical composition, most likely, of a given plant also varies greatly, both in the content of vitamins and other substances.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom