in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

Its the camera scanning lines. It goes across, got the image of the bird but by the time it got the shadow it moved...

Take a pic while panning the camera an you will see the same effect where the image bends.

Google "rolling shutter"

Last edited:
let me post this again ..... angle can not be it... notice the beak doesn't lose length ,,, there is no angle to turn that bird and see the wings in the front and the beak in the front...
The bird is turned slightly towards the house, angle of the sun coming straight at its back, the beak will stay the same in the shadow and the right wing, which is kind of sticking out towards us, will form that sort of shadow on the wall. You have to visualize the space in 3D and picture the position of the sun and the body.

Oh what a nice find.
I had a dream last night that I went to the humane society thrift shop and came home with two more dogs.
lol.png

that first pic looks so much like the opening to the slew right here behind our property.
Its actually about a half mile up Long Island Creek. The first two are there an the last two are looking up an down the Tn river where Long Island Creek flows in to it. This is just down river in to Al from the Tn state line.

Sand Mtn is the hill in the background of the second pic. I live up there.

Back
Top Bottom