in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

oh-my-god-look-at-those-gas-prices-funny-motovatio.jpg

I know in the mid 90s we were still paying less than a $1 here. I remember gas being $.79 a gallon in highschool an I graduated in 1997. Same price as a pack of smokes at the time.
Mid seventies maybe unless Georgia was the cheapest place on earth then, LOL might want to reseach that info some. I know when I was in high school, smokes were over a dollar then and gas was around the 1.25 mark, graduated in '85 I posted gas prices for 5 years, I know what the were from '88 to' 93 for sure (in La. anyway) where most of the countries gas is manufactured.

Jeff

I know in the mid 90s we were still paying less than a $1 here. I remember gas being $.79 a gallon in highschool an I graduated in 1997. Same price as a pack of smokes at the time.

Mid seventies maybe unless Georgia was the cheapest place on earth then, LOL might want to reseach that info some. I know when I was in high school, smokes were over a dollar then and gas was around the 1.25 mark, graduated in '85 I posted gas prices for 5 years, I know what the were from '88 to' 93 for sure (in La. anyway) where most of the countries gas is manufactured.

Jeff

I graduated in '73 and you could fill your tank with around $5. I don't remember the price but I do remember that. Smokes were less than .50 and I remember when they rose to .75 that was horrid!

Quote:
Georgia was the cheapest gas back then. Gas tax was low here. I changed to camels in highschool cause my old brand was $1.25 a pack an camels were $.79. which was the same price as a gallon of gas. That was in the city.

Dads store in Alabama had gas priced about $1.08 around 1994 when he closed it. Smoke prices may still be on the rack, I will look next time I am down there. I know it was on it.

Back
Top Bottom