Incu Therm+ vs Egg O Meter

Hounds51

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 7, 2014
Bethel PA
Hi I am in the process of incubating my first hatch. I did alot of research before this attempt, so up to this point I feel confident that I am doing right.
I am running at 45 to 55% humidity (in incubator) in a room humidity of about 30%. at least thats what my Incubator Warehouse Incu Therm plus says.
I also bought the Incubator Warehouse Egg O Meter and here where the rub is. The Egg O Meter is supposed to simulate the inside temperature of the hatching eggs, and the Incu Therm plus is supposed to measure the air temperature at the egg, and also the humidity level of the incubator.
Now heres the problem! I set up my temps to the Egg O Meter, which is displaying 99.3 alledged internal egg temp, and the IncuTherm plus is showing an air temp of 102.4.
It is now day 3 and the temps are stable.
Is it normal to see a higher air temp vs egg temp? or am I cookin my eggs?

Also something thats unrelated! Can anyone tell me how I can get my editor bar back since it dissapeared and I don't have any way of putting pictures on here.

Are you using a still air incubator? If so then the difference is normal.

Did you leave them on the counter before incubating to see if the temps matched at start?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom