Incubate period

johno75

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 13, 2013
Torquay, devon
Hi all

I know the cycle is 21 days. But I have a question, silly question, but non the less a question. If I set eggs on the 8th may @8pm
What will the hatch day be? Is it 21 days from then or 21 days from the 9th?

Hello,
I think it sometime's takes about 6 week's for chick's to hatch
( That's what I have been told... )
You have been misinformed. It takes roughly 21 days (3 weeks) for chickens to hatch. This can vary by a day or two - maybe even three, but that can be stretching it - due to different circumstances. Too high of temperature can cause them to hatch early, too low can cause them to hatch late. I'm not sure if humidity affects the hatching date or not. I believe I read in another thread that you will be getting chickens soon. I hope that you will do lots of research and learn much so you can enjoy them. Chickens are a fun hobby.
smile.png

I have all kinds of chickens and they barely vary by a day to hatch, probably more to do with sitting for up to 10 days before being set than the breed. My little chicks will hatch right along with the jumbos.

Yeah I am Getting more Chicken's tomorrow
but we have a bit of a problem the incubater hasn't arrived yet and they have to be under it roughly tomorrow & of what I have learned about them so far is that they are really enteraining to look after them and love to watch them do funny things and fly about xx

Back
Top Bottom