Incubating and raising quail?

Nathanya

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 14, 2012
Woodstock valley,CT
I just ordered some courtonix quail eggs and I need any advice in raising them. Does anybody know about how to incubate quail eggs and i want to incubate my chicken eggs at the same time with them? Also if anybody has a incubator and egg turner for sale please let me know i have been looking so hard to find the right one!!!!

Check out the quail information sticky.. I learned a lot there as some members here did a great job of putting the most important issues together in one place.
The basics are 16-17 days to hatch. Keep incubator temperature between 99.5 and 101 degrees. Humidity should be at least 35% until they are a couple of days from hatching.then it should be increased to around 60%. This helps with hatching..
Have a brooder "pen" set up for them and put them there 12-24 hours after they hatch. They should be dry and mobile before moving them to the brooder.. Be patient.

99.5 to 100 degrees for forced air incubators and 100 to 101 degrees for still air incubators. Humidity of 45% to 50% during incubation and 10% higher at lock down. Keep the incubator closed after lock down, 3 days before hatch time. Put down paper towels for the first few days and sprinkle food around so they can find food. Quail are small, so use a quail chick water font or put marbles in the dish so they don't drown. Good luck with your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom