Incubating cortunix

Ok, tried that and changed water from channel 1 to channel 2. Still at 65%. Should we take all the water out? We are in central Florida. We are using a Hovabator Genesis. Thanks!

In mine I had to cover about 3/4 of the bottom with aluminum foil. Its stays in the 45 to 50 range. After lockdown remove and add water to #2 should get you back up in the 60's. I take the plugs out after they hatch and start drying out.

In mine I had to cover about 3/4 of the bottom with aluminum foil. Its stays in the 45 to 50 range. After lockdown remove and add water to #2 should get you back up in the 60's. I take the plugs out after they hatch and start drying out.
My incubator is staying at 68% or so steadily and everything I read out there says humidigy should be 60-70% during incubation and then 70 - 80% during lockdown to help with hatching. So, is that not right? I see you are suggesting it should be 45-50%... Now I'm confused.

I'm pretty sure it should be more like 35%-50% until day 14, then 60%-80% during lockdown. Advanced searching the quail forum with the words "incubating, humidity" gives plenty of answers, and that seems to be the general consensus.

Last edited:
We have 24 Corturnix eggs from our birds in the incubator. Hoping they are fertile and that we do well with hatching. It's our first time! Thanks for your help and good luck with your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom